Cause & Consequence
- Not Assigned
Specific Incident Equipment
Hinged roller unit and R Clip.
- The use of R-Clips attached to retaining chains on a moving item, in close proximity to another item will pose the risk of the R-Clips being inadvertently removed if the retaining chain gets caught and becomes tight.
- It had not been highlighted by the supplier of the R-Clip that they had the potential for the clips to wear loose under frictional constraints.
- Due to the R–Clips being certified as fit for purpose, no inspection schedule was required which would have identified the issue.
- Replace all R-Clips with split pins.
- Every 10 joints during integrity testing, a visual inspection is to take place on the cable sheave.
- Highlight visibility of replacement split pins by spray painting to clearly mark these.
- Prevent collision of sheaves by fitting lateral retention lines.
- Ensure area has appropriate signs and barriers with the drop zone identified.