Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Hedemora diesel engine.
- Design integrity of potential HCR leak sources should be assured
- Appropriate risk assessment of process and auxiliary equipment should be performed and documented
- Operational demands on standby equipment should be better managed to minimise failure potential
- All operationally-critical equipment should be subject to planned maintenance
- Overhaul fuel pumps with complete new Woodward parts on all operational Hedemora generators
- Grub screws to be secured using high strength, high temperature “Loctite 278”
- Update maintenance records to ensure only new Woodward service kits are used on the fuel pumps.
- Implement planned maintenance routines to correctly overhaul the fuel pumps.
- Consider replacement of the Hedemora generators with more up to date engines