Description of Process
Description of Incident
1) Helideck gutter railing detached from edge of helideck creating significant helideck coating debris and degradation of helideck surface
2) Unserviceable perimeter light highlighted extensively corroded lighting cable covers creating potential FOD hazard
Good Practice Guidance
- Ensure appropriate preventative maintenance tasks are in place to maintain CAP 437 compliance and minimise degradation of helideck surface and associated areas; do the checks require to be increased to achieve this outcome?
- Always engage with aviation team to ensure all stakeholders are advised and no precautionary limitations are required on helicopter operations in accordance with the asset performance standard and CAP 437
- Discuss events with asset team members to raise awareness of potential foreign object debris hazards
- Reiterate the importance of continued vigilance required whilst carrying out pre and post flight checks, reporting any issues ASAP
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.