Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Wire line equipment
- Fluids should be sampled prior to pumping into a well on future interventions.
- Any changes to a well intervention programme should be fully reviewed, risk assessed and documented. This risk assessment should cover all potential “what if” scenarios.
- Procedures to be modified to include testing of fluids to confirm contents prior to pumping into wells.
- Installation of hard piping and additional signage to prevent contamination of tanks with other fluids.
- Review procedure for management of change during wells intervention operations.
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.