Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Topsides hydrocarbon piping and instrumentation
- The need to verify adequate isolations are in place before breaking containment on a system.
- All routines with personal mechanical isolations to be updated to include the requirement for the Area Operator to verify the location of the personal mechanical isolation and isolation tag at site check.
- Review the current personal isolation training programme to ensure that all elements of personal mechanical isolations are adequately understood and covered.
- Time out for safety to be held with all instrument technicians across all shifts to roll out personal isolation standards, correct use of earth straps, placement of isolation tags and limitations of personal isolations.