Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Floating production/storage unit
Specific Incident Equipment
High pressure fuel gas compression discharge valve.
- Lessons learned from a previous incident in 2003 were not imbedded.
- O’ ring was not of the correct type
- Review of valve type in use is required to ensure best available technology is used.
- Consider update of maintenance database to include valid specifications and technical datasheets on all HP valves, to improve support for purchasing.
- Prior to transportation to the installation, equipment identified to be safety critical shall be inspected and accepted for use by qualified personnel.
- Consider to put up a program to replace them with valves according to current specification by TA.
- Review the purchasing process from initial request to final delivery, including development and QC of PO
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.