Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
HP Vent Stack
- The procedure didn’t require the correct operator checks to be completed.
- There was a standing alarm that indicated there was not an issue but this was not picked up by operations team as it was one of many.
- The vent allows liquids to be collected in the pipe work.
- Deficiencies were identified in the shift handover documents.
- As well as specific actions put in place to address the causes of the incident (as detailed in the lessons learnt section), there will also be further work conducted on a Vent and Blow down philosophy.
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.